Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post any stories following members of the Alliance, collaborative or otherwise. Horde characters can participate too. If you expect roughly equal posting from both sides, please post to the Cross-Faction forum instead. For stories taking place in the past, please post to the Backstories forum. For projects that might benefit from one, feel free to start an OOC companion thread in the Roleplaying forum.
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

New Paced Leveling Adventure: "For Keeshan!"

Postby Thomas Jarington » May 26th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Hello and Salutations!

------------------------------
UPDATES:

CURRENT LEVEL: 20

Current Notes: We've just gathereed Bravo Company and Keeshans gear. We'll turn in the quest in the basement at the beginning of next week's episode. 

MAIN UPDATE THREAD: http://wow-tng.org/forums/topic/23383-n ... r-keeshan/

--------------------------------

Now that my writing project is complete and sent out for representation, I'm planning a new Paced Leveling Adventure, as well as a return to WoW. Based upon the success we had with the last one (almost two years it ran), I thought I'd offer it to you guys first.

So here it is, A Paced Leveling (Mis)Adventure called, "FOR KEESHAN" or in the words of the local citizenry, "THEY DONE KILT KEESHAN!"

-------------------------------------------

For those interested in a different sort of ROLE PLAY experience, I'm pleased to offer up "For Keeshan!" - a serious, yet comedic, paced, 100% in-character RP adventure where players will live the events centered around John J. Keeshan and Bravo Company in Redridge. Once completed, we will venture forth into the world for revenge, with the ultimate, drunken goal of genocide of the entire Orc race, ending with an assault on Orgrimmar itself.

We all know that the Keeshan story arc is a ‘bit’ outside the Warcraft canon. However, it fits perfectly into the theme of this pacer. It’s based upon the ideology that the district of Redridge is filled with more 'isolated' sort of folks, ones that prefer Stormwind stay out of their business.

“Ta kill a snake, you gotta cut off its damned head!” sort of logic. Add ale to the mix and you get the idea.
Imagine if Larry the Cable Guy was offered the job, how would he handle the situation? Or Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights? Or Jeff Foxworthy in his comedy, “You might be a Redneck?”

Therefore, without further adieu, I offer you, “For Keeshan!”
Last edited by Thomas Jarington on October 28th, 2016, 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Re: New Paced Leveling Adventure: "For Keeshan!"

Postby Thomas Jarington » May 26th, 2016, 6:10 pm

SCENARIO:

You’re a typical citizen of Redridge and never been out in the world. Never wanted to, really. I mean, what does the world have that Redridge don’t? You have a place to stay, a tavern to guzzle ale and friends who’ll sit around a campfire with and talk about how Stormwind should mind their own business and leave folks in Redridge well enough alone. What you do appreciate about the King, is his military, and all the battles they fight while you swill beer – especially against the race you hate most: Orcs.

You might be an out of work logger, a part-time goretusk hunter or preacher at the local Church of Light. Don’t matter none, cause all Redridge folks is family – meaning folks not from Redridge are forn’ers, not to be trusted.

You ain’t got much coin, and what you do have is probably spent buying cheap ale from the Lakeshire Inn. Life’s good and work is only to make living easy enough to get by. Your horse, though, is the best coin can buy and you dream of owning one of them fancy mechanohogs.

Then, out of the blue, you receive a letter asking you to come to the Townhall for some urgent business. Fearing it might be a tax collector (or some other shadowy agent of the King) wanting to take your hard earned coppers, you go and prepare to bow-up against the man.

Instead, you meet a well-dressed, smooth talking commander calling himself Colonel Troteman. Having a love of all things military, you listen:

“You ever heard of John Keeshan? I was his commanding officer throughout all three great wars. Let me tell you, that man has killed more orcs than any man alive. If anyone can stop the Blackrock orc invasion, it's JOHN J. KEESHAN. We need to get him to help us or Lakeshire will be nothing more than a mound of rubble and ash after that massive Blackrock Army marches through to Elwynn.

I heard he was fighting in the underground fight club at the Lakeshire inn. Find him and tell him everything you know.”

Damned straight! You’ve been to the fight club and love it. You’ve watched men beat themselves senseless, maybe even bet a copper or two on the outcome. Therefore, when you hear that one of the men is a famous warrior and he needs your help, you gather your beer, your buddies and tell them the story. Redridge blood boiling hot and thinned with Lakeshire Lager, you and your friends head to the fight club to convince Keeshan to fight.

Thus begins your adventure…
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » May 26th, 2016, 6:16 pm

KEY POINTS:

START: LEVEL 17. Your character should be leveled only to the point where this quest becomes available. You should not have any quality gear other than a good quality weapon (if that). Go white or grey. With a group, it will make the fights more fun and there’s no worry about dying.

RACE: You SHOULD be Human. However, Gnomes and Dwarves are fine if you don’t mind ‘em bein’ called midgets and such. Elves should work as well, but not preferred. Maybe Worgen, but that might be too damned weird. If you can make it work, then we can. Draenai? Nope. Redridge don’t need no aliens.

We HATE Orcs. All orcs. All other Horde races we’ve never encountered; pretty sure we hate them, too.

We’ve been living in isolation in Redridge, so any non-local news source will be seen as be lies or Stormwind’s attempts to control us and keep us a’feared.

We aren’t the brightest stars in the sky. We’re superstitious and believe in conspiracy theories. At the same time, we’ve strong common sense and can fight like no one’s business. With enough beer in us, we can take Orgrimmar single handed.

WHAT IS A PACED LEVELING ADVENTURE?

Paced means we all agree to maintain a +/- 1 level with everyone in the party. We all start at the same level, then move through the world doing quests that align with the goal of the story. In this case, it’s getting revenge for Orcs killing Keeshan once we complete the story arc in Redridge.

100% IN CHARACTER: when the clock starts, we go full immersion and remain completely in character during the entire 2 hour session. For the most part, anyway. We will use /SAY and /EMOTE for all RP so others in the world can experience our story as well. In other words, no voice rp. Therefore, be prepared to type. Also, we don’t take off for typos, of which I am KING.

STORY, NOT GEAR: The pacer is about RP and creating story by playing the game. Gear is not the goal of this pacer. In fact, for this particular story, ‘green’ gear of any sort is almost out of character. We’ve barely a copper to our name, so having something more than a good sword or well-oiled rifle is too far. Also, when we DO earn coin, it goes toward buying beer. The more coin, the more we can drink when we'z done.

A point on gear. With a group of four or five, there is rarely a chance of dying if you are in white/gray gear. However, if you get caught alone, you might take a beating. This is more realistic and fun, to be honest. By all means have deep bags and spend gold on them. Also, if we go into instances, we can use heirlooms during those if needed.

WHAT IT WILL BE:

1) Weekly Group leveling + Heavy, immersive RP
2) Relaxed, cooperative, non-micro-managed atmosphere, centered around the story and how our players gain their revenge
3) VAST emphasis on character/story over gear/performance.
4) Slowish leveling & new, immersive way of looking at a familiar zone and quests
5) General flow of "Paced Storyline" will be my responsibility, with lots of room for flexibility and individual input/ideas by members.

REQUIREMENTS:

1) Willing to create a new character that is UNGUILDED
2) Commit to staying 100% IC during the specified pacer time
3) Commit to staying within +/- 1 level of the current Pace
a. The Pace is determined by where we stopped the previous week
4) ENCOURAGED (not required) to keeping a journal on the forums of your character's thoughts
a. A brief backstory is required before we launch. Stick to basics keyed to the pacer and let it grow
5) Commit to attending the 2 hour weekly event
6) BOA's or heirlooms are not allowed. Commit to leveling with gray/white gear. A green weapon is ok
7) Keep OOC drama out of the pacer
8) HAVE FUN
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » May 26th, 2016, 6:32 pm

There ya go, WoW fans!

The best thing about pacers, is that the players determine where it goes and how it works. What I personally envision may never come to pass, and that is makes them so much fun. Everything is completely in the moment.

Therefore, if you are interested in playing, please post in the thread. I've yet to pick a day/time to play, but I'm considering either Sunday or midweek. I'm in Pacific time, and times will be later in the day around 7pm, maybe 8.

I'll be positing the same notice on our sister station, Twisting Nether.

Cheers!

Jarington & Co.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Xaraphyne
Xaraphyne
Xaraphyne

Postby Xaraphyne » May 26th, 2016, 8:58 pm

Looks fun! Good luck!

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.

Aerana
Aerana
Global Moderator
Aerana

Postby Aerana » July 3rd, 2016, 9:47 pm

(( I wish that I could join in this again but, alas, time will simply not allow it. However, I would highly recommend this adventure to everyone. The last one was great fun and it really gave me an entirely new perspective on leveling - and some great friends besides! ))
"It is all a balance."
~Aerana Dantay, Empress of the Twilight Empire~

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » September 16th, 2016, 10:37 pm

Unfortunately, there were no takers for this. But it's all good. Once Legion (the new expansion) settles down a bit, I have one in mind that I'll advertise on World's End Tavern as well as here & TN
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Jenasis
Jenasis
Jenasis

Postby Jenasis » September 17th, 2016, 4:53 pm

When you do repost, after all the 110s have their nice gear, please include the playtime!
Nights, days, or mornings. I will adjust my schedule to attend. Thanks!

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » September 27th, 2016, 3:51 pm

Hello Jenasis! SO good to hear from you again.

Okay, I've decided that I cannot play consistently at any time other than mornings. Therefore, I will run this then. I am looking for a minimum of FIVE (5) commitments before launching. When I have those five, we'll set a date and go. I will be posting this on the following forums: RAVENHOLDT, TWISTING NETHER, TN Gazette, SANCTUM.

If I can't get enough to play, then I'm going to move it to Wyrmrest Accord and try there. However, due to the pvp aspect of this RP realm, I'd prefer it here. More drama, intensity, realism.

DETAILS

DAY: Tuesday or Thursday
TIME: 11:00am REALM TIME (I live in Pacific, so this is about as early as I can go)
LENGTH: 2 hours, once per week
START DATE: when we have FIVE (5) commitments, then we'll go.

A commitment is a post on this thread stating your intentions to play, as well as a character name/class and any brief info for that character. They are all from Redridge, so more than likely know one another based upon the Scenario.
Last edited by Thomas Jarington on September 27th, 2016, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » September 27th, 2016, 3:56 pm

MY CHARACTER

Brother Jebediah Bradferd
Human Monk

I'm thinking a firebrand itinerant preacher of the Light, railing against the Fel that has fallen into the world. A heavy drinker with a hatred of Orcs. About it so far.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Login  •  Register